Are you still using a regular drinking glass to water your plants? Stuck in the proverbial Stone Age of indoor gardening? It’s almost 2020; you and your garden deserve better.
Watering cans ensure a more even and accurate watering of your plants and they also prevent the unavoidable spills that come with using a drinking glass.
Don’t you want healthier plants and no more Slip ‘N Slide in the kitchen?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Watering Cans Comparison Chart
|Watering Can||Design||Size/Capacity||Materials Used|
|Homarden Watering Can||Size: 15 x 5 x 8 inches|
Capacity: 1.3 L/ 0.3 Gallons
|Novelty Indoor Watering Can||Size: 15 x 4.5 x 8.5 inches|
Capacity: 1/2 Gallon
|E.Palace Mini Watering Can||Size: 8.9 x 5.1 x 4 inches|
Capacity: 15 Fluid Ounces
|MyLifeUNIT Small Watering Can||Size: 13.78 x 3.94 x 15.75 in|
Capacity: 1/2 Gallon
|Novelty Elegant Watering Can||Size: 14.2 x 7 x 18.5 inches|
Capacity: 1.5 Gallon
|Union Elephant Watering Can||Size: 13.75 x 8.25 x 4.5 in|
Capacity: 0.5 Gallons
|Cornucopia Brands Dinosaur Watering Can||Size: 13 x 4.5 x 7 in|
Capacity: 1.5 Quarts
Watering Cans: What to Look For
The first step is finding the best watering can that meets your specific needs. Things to consider:
- Size- Indoor gardens are usually much smaller and have fewer plants compared to their outdoor counterparts. Unless you have several, large indoor plants, I’d suggest staying under 15 inches in length (or height). This is the ideal size for easy maneuvering and means your watering can won’t take up a large amount of storage.
- Capacity- A half a gallon of water is more than capable of sufficiently watering several small/medium plants in one go. This is enough for most indoor gardens. If you have more than 3 or 4 small/medium plants, I’d suggest moving up to at least a full gallon container.
- Materials Used- Believe it or not, plastic is actually a great choice when it comes to watering cans, due to the fact that it’s affordable, lightweight, and is guaranteed not to rust unlike the metal models. Metal models tend to be a little heavier but a lot of people would argue they look much nicer than plastic and are significantly less likely to break from a fall.
Best Overall Watering Can: Homarden Copper Colored Watering Can
Stylish, sturdy, perfectly sized, and reasonably priced. As far as getting the biggest bang for your buck, this model can’t be beaten.
Here’s why the Homarden Copper Colored is the perfect choice for gardeners:
- Sized at 15 x 5 x 8 inches and weighing in at 1.15 pounds, it’s light enough to maneuver easily and doesn’t take up a lot of storage space.
- Stylish & Sturdy: Made of long-lasting stainless steel with a beautiful copper finish.
- A long, skinny spout makes those hard-to-reach areas a thing of the past.
Best Indoor Watering Can: Novelty 30605 Indoor Watering Can
My second pick is one of the most popular watering cans amongst gardeners worldwide and it’s not hard to see why.
Here’s what makes the Novelty 30605 your best choice on a budget:
- Cheap price tag without a cheap build quality.
- Made of impact-resistant plastic which is durable, lightweight and will stay rust-free.
- Perfect size for indoor gardens; it’s only 15 inches in length and can hold a respectable ½ gallon of water.
Best Small Watering Can: E.Palace Mini Stainless Steel Water Can
“Good things come in small packages”. When it comes to indoor watering cans, the old cliche rings true yet again.
The highlights of the E.Palace Mini Water Can:
- Only 8.9 x 5.1 x 4 inches — The compact size makes this the best indoor watering can for herbs, succulents, and desk plants!
- Sleek brushed steel finish looks much nicer than its plastic counterparts.
- Easy to use: lightweight and semi-open top design make filling/refilling a breeze.
Best Shower Head Watering Can: MyLifeUNIT Small Plastic Watering Can
Showerhead watering cans should be on the top of your list if you are someone who has larger plants. AVOID if you only have small indoor plants, such as succulents, or things could get messy.
Here are the benefits of choosing the MyLifeUNIT Shower Head model:
- Showerhead spout design allows you to distribute water much more evenly and efficiently as it covers a much wider spread.
- Multi-purpose capabilities — the showerhead can easily be removed for a more precise, concentrated stream (great for watering roots).
- Long spout for hanging plants and those hard-to-reach places.
Best Large Watering Can: Novelty 29306 Elegant Watering Can
My next pick looks more like something out of a modern art museum than a watering can. But it’s not all about looks with this bad boy!
Here’s why the Novelty 29306 is the perfect balance between elegance and practicality:
- 1.5 Gallon Capacity — easily capable of watering several large indoor plants without refilling.
- One of a kind design makes this watering can stylish enough to fit in with any home decor.
- Pretty but practical: easy to fill and easy to use with large handle and elongated spout.
Best Outdoor Watering Can: Union 63182 Elephant Watering Can
If in some strange universe there was a competition for the “Best Cute Watering Can”, I would put all my money on this happy little elephant.
No matter your age, gender, or upbringing, you can’t help but crack a smile when you see it.
The highlights of the Union 63182:
- Made of rust-free, weather-resistant plastic that is lightweight and will hold up for years.
- Perfect size for indoor and outdoor use: 13.8 x 8.2 x 4.5 inches and can hold a ½ gallon of water but they have a larger model that holds up to 2 gallons!
- Gardening community favorite — 4.4 out of 5-star rating on Amazon after 2,000+ reviews.
Best Kids Watering Can: Cornucopia Brands Green Dinosaur Watering Can
It is a universal FACT that kids love everything dinosaurs. Dinosaur toys, dinosaur movies, dinosaur clothes — why not a dinosaur watering can?
Why the Concucopia Brands Green Dinosaur is perfect for kids:
- Designed with toddlers/children in mind: light enough for kids and nearly impossible to spill.
- This dinosaur design makes gardening fun — it makes your little ones want to get involved!
- Reasonably priced.
Thanks for reading!